We love spring! The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and wedding season is in full swing! Inspiration is so easily found in spring and our inspirational colour today is: yellow.
Pure, bright and sunny yellow is the easiest color to see in fact, people who are blind to other colors can often see yellow. The shade of yellow determines its meaning: creative, intellectual energy, wisdom, joy and happiness. Did you know that yellow daffodils are a symbol of unrequited love?
Yellow is like sunshine, it denotes happiness and joy. For years yellow ribbons were worn as a sign of hope as women waited from their men to come marching home from war. Today, they are still used to welcome home loved ones as it also representes courage and peace worldwide.
- Although it can work as the primary color, yellow often works best as a companion to other colors.
- Use bright yellow to create excitement when red or orange may be too strong or too dark.
- Yellow can be perky, use it in dark or drab spaces to brighten the environment
- Use yellow to suggest freshness and citrus fruitiness, think fresh lemonade or iced tea!
- Golden yellows can stand in for gold if gold feels too formal
Using Yellow with Other Colors:
- Use yellow to perk up a more subdued cool palette of blues and grays
- Use lemon yellow with orange to carry out a healthy, summery, citrus theme
- Very pale yellows can work as neutrals alongside darker or richer colors
- Yellow and blue are a high contrast, eye-popping combination
- Mix yellow with neutral gray and a dash of black for a high-tech look
- Try a hot, exciting mix of red and yellow if you are looking to add a little spice!