Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice! Nothing says wedding and romance to us more than today’s inspiration: pink.
The Meaning of Pink:
Pink is the colour of universal love – a quiet colour favoured by lovers and romantics alike. Pink provides feelings of caring, tenderness, self-worth, love, and acceptance. The colour pink is also very effective in providing feelings of calm, relaxation and contentment.
Pink is like cotton candy and little girls as it is softer and less aggressive than red. Pink for men goes in and out of style, however, most people still think of pink as a feminine, delicate colour. To give a pink flower means ‘I will never forget you’.
Both red and pink denote love but while red is hot passion, pink is romantic and charming.
- Use pink to convey playfulness and tenderness
- Multiple shades of pink and light purple or other pastels used together maintain the soft, delicate, and playful nature of pink
- Add strength with darker shades of pinks and purple and burgundy
- Break tradition: consider wearing a pink wedding dress (like Reese Witherspoon) on your big day!
Using Pink with Other Colors:
- All shades of pink get sophisticated when combined with black or gray
- Try mixing pink with chocolate brown if black is too much of a contrast for your taste
- Medium to darker shades of blue or medium to dark green with pink is also a sharp-looking combo
- Very pale pinks can work as neutrals alongside darker or richer colours
- Hot pink can be an exciting combination when paired with neutral white and beige