Shannon Kennedy – Owner, Principal Planner
“I love great food, watching Netflix, a big glass of wine, and traveling the world. I have two pugs and a cat. I cannot start my day without a latte, and I love sleeping in on Sunday mornings!”
I have a true desire and commitment to work with people, plan extraordinary events and unique and beautiful weddings. I enjoy developing relationships with my clients, giving them a sense of comfort, trust, and confidence in my ability – all while having a great time!
My style is best described as modern romantic: I love beautiful, elegant, classic, and modern influences. I draw inspiration from luxury wedding publications, online professionals, and personal experience. I am a self-proclaimed romance junky with a warm (and sometimes dorky) sense of humour. Professionally, I am calm, confident, and offer a reassuring presence to my clients on their wedding day. I have a strong passion and talent for special event and wedding planning. My professional experience in the industry began over ten years ago working for a well known wedding planning firm and then lead to a top event management position at a high-end restaurant and special event facility.
When I opened Kennedy Event Planning in 2010, I knew that I wanted to work with people to help make their dreams a reality. The knowledge and experience gained in my over ten years of planning, has allowed me to develop a deep understanding of the industry and foster priceless relationships with amazing local vendors. Kennedy Event Planning offers me the opportunity to use my creativity to its fullest potential and the ability to give my clients the most memorable experience. I understand the absolute privilege it is to be invited into your life and share this intimate moment with you. It is my greatest pleasure to be a part of your biggest day!
- I’m a huge Lionel Richie fan – “All Night Long” is one of my favourite songs and play it before every wedding reception!
- I suffer from major #wanderlust and have traveled to Europe, South Africa, Central America, South East Asia, and all over North America. When I’m not working, I’m traveling!
- I was a two-time president of my international sorority, Delta Delta Delta, while attending the University of Ottawa.
- I am an only child and was a total Daddy’s girl growing up.
- I’m an adrenaline junky and have zip lined, bungee jumped, whitewater rafted, and cliff jumped. Next adventure: sky diving!
“It was so nice to know we could rely on Shannon. Any time I wanted her advice on vendors, wedding timeline, you name it, she was always there to guide us with her calm, laid back yet organized manner. She is really a girl after my own heart … I miss her in my life” – Paige & Alex