Barbara Tavares – Associate Planner
“I love all things sugar and am willing to travel far and wide for the perfect Gelato. I enjoy a nice dinner but am very committed to brunch. If my house was on fire, I would save my Nespresso machine.”
I am a planner by birth but also by trade; ever since I can remember I was planning my birthday parties 364 days in advance. As a graduate of the Algonquin College Event Management post-graduate program, I immediately started my events career in the corporate world. I have planned everything from multi-day conferences, trade-shows, annual general meetings and more.
My goal as your wedding planner is to make you feel like a VIP guest at your own event. By combining my passions for the organization and event coordination, I love being able to remove all the extra and unnecessary stresses from your big day so you can focus on what’s truly important: YOU!
I have a deep understanding of how special this day is and I will be working alongside you, every step of the way, to ensure that it is everything you imagine it would be!
- I was born in Brazil but I ripened in Canada!
- My mom fed me coffee, (Café au Lait specifically) in my baby bottle so if there is coffee I’m there!
- I once spontaneously drove down to Gananoque with friends and went skydiving out of a duct-taped plane.
- I only paint my nails light pink.
- I secretly dedicate my free time to The Bachelor Franchise, don’t judge me.
“Barbara was everything we could have hoped for as a wedding planner. She went above and beyond any expectation we had. She genuinely cared about our wedding and did everything she could to make it a special day.” – Emillie & Mike